How Positive Thinking can Improve Your Life August 15, 2016 – Posted in: Lifestyle – Tags: fight depression, healthier lifestyle, positive thinking, self-esteem
You started off the morning in a foul mood because you saw in the mirror those annoying dark spots, wrinkles and pimples on your face and a pair of sagging breasts? Spilled the take-away cup of coffee on the way to work and you found that the whole day was ruined? Bothered with the gossip those two ladies are having on the opposite table as they cast obnoxious looks over you?
Relax lah and read this word: opportunitynowhere
What do you see? Do you see “opportunity now here” or “opportunity nowhere”?
If you have a tendency to think and react negatively, and you most probably are reading the above word as “opportunity nowhere”.
“But I am like that lor. What can I do? This is so dampening. It’s miserable.”
Take a deep breath, sip a glass of warm water and hear what I have to say…
The solution to your problems lies with you and only you can solve it. Believe me, it’s not tough and you can do it! It does not cost you even a single cent!
What you need to do is to re-invoke the feeling of positivity in you. Positive thinking does not mean that you bury your head in the sand, and hope for the best. Instead it means that you seek out for possibilities when things get harder; to look for a stick when chased by a dog, rather than running away in fear. Positive thinking will benefit you in the following ways:
- Fight depression. Trust me when you are depressed, you are not only making yourself miserable but also those surrounding you. Just as happiness is infectious, so is depression.
- To boost your self-esteem. You can carry yourself better in social gatherings where once people used to gossip about you.
- It’s your potion to youthfulness and longevity. Scientific studies have shown that a positive outlook help reduce levels of stress hormones and inflammatory markers.
- In fighting illnesses, even the common cold. Your immune system boosts up with positive thoughts.
- In keeping fit. It motivates you towards exercise and having a healthier lifestyle.
- In becoming successful in whatever you want to achieve. You will encounter fewer obstacles and difficulties in your daily life as you are always seeking for possibilities.
How to think positively?
- Surround yourself with positive people. And if you happen to be married to a pessimist, try socializing with cheery friends and coworkers (To my beloved friends and coworkers, now you know why I like being with you); research shows that these kinds of relationships with bright-side types can make you feel better too. It works for me. So, try it!
- Meditate. It helps to draw in positive energy and makes us see situations more clearly, ourselves more empathetically and garner a deeper understanding of other people’s actions.
- Read positive and influencing articles. Write and talk about positive experiences. Listen to cheerful songs. Integrate humor in your everyday life.
- Wear a smile and try to make others smile too. Difficult? Then try faking one.
- Boost mood by wearing makeup and dressed up in your favourite outfit with your favourite lingerie. Even going for a facial treatment can also help boost mood.
- Embrace that positive thinking can be learned, and let’s put positive thinking into practice:
|Negative Thinking (Avoid it)||Positive Thinking (Do it)|
|I’ve never done it before.||I think it’s an opportunity to learn something new|
|There’s no way it will work.||I will try to make it work.|
|It’s too radical a change.||I will take a chance.|
It’s all in your hands to change your outlook. Embrace the necessity of positivity in your life. And it’s really very simple!
About the Author
June Lin is the founder of Juneberries Haven. She loves to write and her childhood dream was to be a journalist. She writes blogs now to share her own experiences, as well as that of others to help solve some of the problems, which her audience maybe facing.